1940 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
1940 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe Model 06H 72A Coupe Body #808
Original Color: Burgandy, gray broadcloth interior, Whitewall tires, trim B, Delivered 1/30/1940 in Chicago, IL. (REF: Benson Ford Research Center. The Henry Ford Museum Lincoln Automobile record)
This beautiful restored V-12 Coupe was the second generation of the Zephyr with the same basic frontal design pioneered on the 1938 model. The long sloping rear-end of the body is exceptional in design and provides tons of storage space.
Over $100,000 was spent on the restoration and all of the invoices are with the car. It was owned by a great friend and car collector of mine. He did not spare any expense to have the Lincoln ready to show and drive!!
Powered by the original V-12 flathead engine, Lincoln upted it to 292 cubic inches with a maximum horsepower of 120 in 1940 for better performance. The previous owner did tasteful upgrades on the power plant as seen in the pictures. The zephyr branded 3 carburetor setup was his choice to boost power yet keep the Lincon correct for the period. The optional Columbia 2 speed rear end was a must for highway cruising.
A total nut and bolt restoration took three years to complete. (2007-2010) After the restoration, the Zephyr was displayed in a private collection until 2016 and rarely driven.
1961 Ferrari 250GTE
Coachwork: Pinin Farina
Chassis Number: 2919 GT
Engine: 128 F
Engine: 2,953 CC SOHC Tipo 128F V-12 Engine Three Weber 40 DCL Carburetors
240 BHP at 7,000 RPM
4-Speed Manual Gearbox with Overdrive
4-Wheel Dunlop Disc Brakes
Mileage: 70,220 Miles Showing
• One of the finest preservation 250's in existence
• Less than 320 Series 1 GTEs Built
• Documented by Renowned Marcel Massini
• Strikingly Original Unrestored Condition
• Books, Tools and Complete History File
In order to achieve a more comfortable Grand Tourer, the cockpit is more generous than the 250 GT Berlinetta "Tour de France", thanks to an increase of almost a foot in length and just over two inches in width. The interior layout of the 250 GTE is luxurious with things like the rear seats separated by a central armrest with an ashtray. The dashboard is covered with a black leather while the eight instruments, circled with chrome Veglia, informing the driver of the condition of the engine are integrated into a panel usually of the color of the bodywork. Compared to the PF Coupe, the trunk volume is increased to potentially accommodate the luggage of four people. To increase its sales of passenger vehicles and thus finance its very expensive racing scuderia, Ferrari decided to develop an automobile capable of attracting a new clientele, eager to combine the functionality with sportiness of a GT4. Described as "a passenger car not only big, but also glorious" the 250 GTE was the best-selling Ferrari of its time.
The Car: The 246th example built, 2919 GT is a late Series I GTE distinguished by its grille-mounted driving lights, three-light taillamps, and revised Series II-style dashboard treatment. With largely original paint having only a few small areas of touchup. The interior is spectacularly well preserved, with nearly all of the original upholstery, carpets, and headliner intact. Wonderful period details abound, from the Blaupunkt radio in the console. A mechanical restoration was done in 2015 and it has been very well maintained since. The inspected paintwork appears to be largely original, with an area of visible blending on the right rear fender. Likely one of the few remaining GTEs in exceptional, unrestored condition, 2919 GT possesses a charming patina throughout.
The Provenance: Mr. Alexander, San Francisco, California (acquired new via Ferrari Representatives of Hollywood in 1961) Betty Wyars, Wasco, Oregon (acquired from the above in 1966) Martin Family, Beaverton, Oregon (acquired from the above in August 1977) Current Owner (acquired from the above) EXHIBITED Forest Grove Rotary Concours d'Elegance, July 1980 Forest Grove Rotary Concours d'Elegance, July 1992 LITERATURE Hilary A. Raab Jr., Ferrari Serial Numbers Part I, chassis no. listed on p. 37 THIS CAR The 250 GTE presented here, chassis 2919 GT, was completed at the Ferrari factory in November 1961 and originally painted white with black leather upholstery and contrasting red carpets. The first owner, Mr. Alexander, took delivery of the new Ferrari in Italy and then air freighted the car to his home in San Francisco. Serviced and maintained by local dealer Charles Rezzaghi Motors, 2919 GT remained with Mr. Alexander until spring 1966, when it was sold to Betty Wyars of Wasco, Oregon. Mrs. Wyars kept the GTE for more than a decade and then advertised it for sale in the Oregonian, asking $10,000 for a car she described as being "in mint condition, all original, 50,000 miles." In August 1977, David Martin of Beaverton, Oregon, acquired 2919 GT and it remained in his family's ownership for over three decades. The white 250 GTE was a frequent sight at local Ferrari events and classic car shows until the early 1990s, when it was retired from regular use and stored in the family garage.The sale of this time-capsule Ferrari is accompanied by an impressive file of supporting documentation that includes receipts, correspondence, photos, and registration records, some dating as far back as Betty Wyars' ownership. A history report compiled by Marcel Massini, an owner's manual, and a tool roll are also included with the GTE. A classic 250 Ferrari with a delightful history and an irreplaceable character, 2919 GT is among the most appealing GTEs to be found.